Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
One of the oldest medical university, established in 1784, named after Danylo Halytsky, is having the 4th level of accreditation affiliated with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and is one of the leading medical university in Ukraine. It has more than 150 professors to assist training and research programs for undergraduates students. At PG level, the university offers 91 courses for graduate students. The courses can be pursued either in English or in Ukrainian Language, with an affordable and economical fee structure.
The academics at the University have a well-organized curriculum, with active collaboration between the University & foreign scientists in the sphere of pharmacy and medicine. The Ukrainian Ministry of Health and international organizations, has participation in 12 scientific programs of the University department.
The distinguished faculty members of the university, amongst them, have – 7 winners of state prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology, 11 honored scientists of Ukraine. 2 academicians, 2 correspondent members of National Academy of Science of Ukraine.
177 doctors of sciences including 133 professors and 401 associate professors, 1421 pedagogical workers, provide the Pedagogical and Scientific work at the University.
The faculty of Post Graduation is located in 155 departments of clinical bases, & is conducted at 50 clinical departments – in the city of Lviv.
6273 students, 1164 interns and 11593 cadets of FPI., make up the total contingent of 20000 people at the university.
The University, in 2018, got a Gold Medal in the constitution of “Implementations of Innovations in the pedagogical process for improving the quality of graduates knowledge”, and was also awarded as Grand Prix “Leader of International Activities”.
Faculties Offered in DH Lviv National Medical University
Faculty of Medicine at LNMU (6 Year Programme) :
• The faculty has 35 departments, with 500 teachers that include Professors, Academicians, Senior Teachers, Assistant Professors & assistants.
• Of the 2554 students that are studying medical course, 823 are foreigners.
Faculty of Dentistry at LNMU (5 year programme) :
• The dental faculty at Lviv NMU, established in 1958, has 6000 plus students who have passed out as Dentist.
• The faculty has 10 departments consisting of 10 doctors of medical sciences, 13 professors, 45 assistant professors, 53 associate professors, 84 candidates of science.
• As on date, 1000 students are studying in the Dentistry faculty, which includes 157 foreigners.
Pharmaceutical Faculty at LNMU (5 year program) :
- The faculty of Pharmacy at Lviv NMU, founded in 1940, consists of eleven departments: namely – Toxicological and analytical chemistry, Biophysics, Organic and bioorganic chemistry, Ukrainian studies, organizations and economics of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical.
- The Pharmacy faculty at Lviv NMU which awards the degree of “Pharmacist” after completion of the 5 year course, has received 4th level of accreditation in which annually 200 applicants are selected.
Faculty of Postgraduate Education :
- The faculty of Post Graduation at Lviv NMU, established in 1955, consists of : Department of professional development and retraining of specialists, Internships and sell-accounting departments.
- The Post Graduation faculty’s main task is to provide quality education and retrain the specialist by professional doctors.
Post Graduate Faculty offers the following Specializations
GENERAL HYGIENE :
- Emergency Medicine
- Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Laboratory
- Forensic medicine
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Pathological Anatomy
INTERNAL DISEASES :
- Infectious Diseases
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Internal Diseases
- General Practice – Family Medicine
The Fee structure of Danylo Helytsky Lviv National Medical University is :
|Year||Tuition Fee, USD||Hostel, USD||Total, USD|
|GRAND TOTAL (USD)||34200|
Hostel & Accommodation
With the University Campus area being more than 10 Hectares, there is accommodation available for 35000 people in nine different hostels, both on & Off campus.
The hostels are in very good condition with all modern amenities & facilities like – Computer rooms, Reading rooms, Cafes, dining rooms, sports grounds, etc. There is an option of 2 as well as 3 seater rooms. Within the hostel, there is Block system, with each Block housing about ten to eleven students each, who share a common kitchen & common washrooms facility.
The option of both Veg & Non-Veg food is available to the students. Veg food is served by a Canteen located on the Campus.
Note: Insurance, Medical, Visa charges, Receiving, etc. are apart from the charges mentioned above, which are covered in the One Time charges payable in the first year.